Friday, November 15, 2013

Nocturnal

Something's definitely wrong, I had to check my Facebook to confirm my age, and felt quite disappointed to realize I am only 21 while my junior was celebrating his 22nd b'day. Maybe I haven't been sleeping enough...wait! I have been sleeping a lot, at all the wrong times. I spend my nights beating bosses and upgrading cars in StreetRace Rivals on Fb or playingthe same loop over and over in FL studio messing with instruments hoping some careless notes I draw will transform my music, or despairingly browsing through Gsmarena.com or Pureviewclub.com watching agitated Android fans abusing Apple disciples or reading how the camera could be faulty in the new Lumia 1020 since these random guys have their pictures blurred in the corner of the frame... Last day, I found myself waking up at 3 in the afternoon to the phone ring of my worried group mate calling to mail her the presentation if I was not going to make up to the College. I punched in at the college fingerprint scanner at 3.45 PM, probably the first student to have marked the entry that late since it was installed few months back. I successfully experimented on adaptive land re-use turning the college prayer hall to my nap room. Went to college wearing Lungi, and people were like Happy Muharram!!!

Football fever is high in the campus, with Girl's football attracting much crowd even on the holiday. Burning Crows won the final for boys beating my team - Old Monks, on the shootout 2-1 after being tied 1-1 in the two halves. I made my debut in the group match against the Crows, since our team had won the first two games and made to the final, captain didn't mind seeing me on the field. I made a good impression on him by offering the opposition two penalties for 'handling' the ball inside the goal box, which they shoot carelessly off the target, saving my reputation, and rescuing me from a huge load of potential swearing. Playing in front of crowd was a different experience, not a cool one obviously. The feeling of being watched is too stressing, and I was constantly worrying what the crowds would be commenting upon me. We did win the game 2-0 then. *Head held high* Old Monks won the Girl's trophy though, in an enthralling final game which seemed like some slow motion video of men's game on some ultra high gravity ground. The game ended up in shootouts after shootouts till Old Monks finally managed to break the tie.

I never loved any SMS more than the SBI ones notifying balance deposits in my account.It was too depressing to walk by the shops near the hostel and the TATA Gluco Plus in the freezer would laugh at me while I hopelessly search for every pockets in my wallet and bag to find a carelessly dropped coin somewhere. Dad had finally listened my prayers, deposited 2k in the account. That was strange of him, he usually used to allot 3k for me monthly, he must be going through his hard time. I hope to survive if my groups don't go all frenzy over 'more sheets = more marks' ideology. Didn't they hear 'Less is More' concept. 

Speaking about the sheets, the studio is going snail paced but beware its just the calmness before the tornado. Aparna ma'am didn't forget to warn us that we only had 10 days till our final jury, and about a month till the semester end exams, and we were yet to touch upon our studio theme heritage tourism and conservation. Karthik seems pretty proud of his proposal of providing shelter to the festival pilgrims under a temporary structure while rest of the class were concentrating on kicking Karthik off their groups. Some despair soul even went on confession page anonymously to speak it out. We always have something to blame on him, how we have worked on the sheets while he was busy with his own works, how his proposal doesn't make sense, and how it will ruin the group's mark. He would come to me to discuss his ideas, and a part of me knows he is right, while the other part of me gets annoyed at him for his aggressiveness. He asks me what is wrong with people, I never told him, but hey, its a prejudiced world full of arrogant self obsessed people.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;