Wednesday, December 25, 2013

‘Desp’ness Revisited

Two roads diverged in wood, and I took the one less travelled by, and that’s has made me pathetic…

My intelligence team has got reports that ‘her’ father has already started searching marriage alliances for her. I knew he was going to be a trouble maker, he got that looks.

For the Christmas break, I had the leisure of a cosy journey to home with my waiting list ticket combined with confirmed tickets of my friends in the West Coast Express, and for the first time, she was travelling with me, but in a different compartment… and yeah, I have managed again to completely ignore her presence. I was hoping I would bid her goodbye at Calicut, but that’s when her dad popped up, and I gave up my plan. And the journey would have been another disaster if the sleep wouldn’t have blessed me. Sleeping felt like fast forwarding the time, I slept as soon as we left Chennai, and before I woke up, I was breathing ‘Palakkad’ air.

Talking about her dad, he isn't as clean shaven as the Facebook pic would make you think he was. And If he wants her married by the time she completes the college, the chances that he will accept a ‘kid’ as his son in law or, more importantly, the chance my family would allow ‘the kid’ to marry his daughter are non-existent. And purely outside any selfish motives, but for her own best interests, I recommend that she do her Masters before she marries. After all, studying is fun, isn’t it? And I would be a kid no more. Not like that’s the only hurdle. There are two grown up ladies at home desperately waiting for their turn to get married…

And the other report says that likeliness of her liking me is most unlikely, that she needs someone bolder… I don’t understand the parameters by which she evaluates boldness, but I am convinced I wouldn’t top the results. I am definitely not feeling much optimistic these days…


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;