Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ode to thee

You say you’re sorry that you hurt me,
But you don’t know, I choose myself this pain.
And you wonder if I would ever forgive you.
You don’t see, you never did me the wrong.

You take me for a walk through your fears and worries,
And you stumble upon the tangles of your own past.
You ask of me to hold a torch for you
To show you the way through this strange land.

You seek for love in a seabound ship,
And you build your home in the shore.
To escape the uncertainty, you give yourself away
To the depths of the ocean, in the deathbed of hopes.

I will wait for the seasons, for the snow to melt
Until you see me behind the mist.
I’ll lead you through your uncertainties, you lead me through mine.
If only you will let me walk along...

(Special thanks to HOD Razzak sir for his unforgivably boring lecture that inspired me to escape in to the world of my book and pen.)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;